Episode 29 – Acting Like We Get The Message
Kerry and Rinat introduce the Actor in the Actor Model of Computation. They wonder if the Actor’s embodiment of communication (via messaging) may simplify the way that they reason about and implement their solutions. They discuss this potential use of the Actor Model in the context of their current usage of Domain-Driven Design (DDD), Application Services, Aggregates, and Event Sourcing.
Download (mp3): Episode 29 – Acting Like We Get The Message – (63 minutes)
- The Actor Model (everything you wanted to know, but were afraid to ask)
- The Actor Model (Wikipedia)
- Carl Hewitt’s homepage
- Scala programming language
- Akka toolkit
- Erlang programming language
- Stact – An Actor library and framework for .NET
- Red programming language
- Feedback and Finding Us
What do you think?